- The Mission of CFSB
- LATEST NEWS | POSTS
- Michael Candy – 9.30.15
- How to fish a protected ocean
- Court Decision — Sea Otter Opinion
- September 22 OPC Public Meeting and Workshop on El Niño
- Zeke Grader has passed away
- Lobster trap staging in Launch Ramp Parking Lot
- White Shark Tagging planned for Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015 at San Miguel Island
- White Shark Tagging
- The Oceans Are Not Running Out of Fish
- Fishermen file claim against Plains All American Pipeline
- CDFW lifts fishery closure from Refugio Beach Oil Spill: Fishing resumes
- DECLARATION OF FISHERIES CLOSURE
- Refugio Oil Spill Images
- John Colgate letter to PFMC 11.4.2014
- Forrest Braden letter to PFMC 11.5.2014
- DAILY CATCH
- CONTACT US
Commercial Fishermen of Santa Barbara, Inc. | 6 Harbor Way #155 | Santa Barbara, CA 93109
“Commercial Fishermen of Santa Barbara (CFSB) is a 501(c)(3) organization which integrates regional efforts of fishing communities with the aim of improving the economic and biological sustainability of fisheries.
We strive to create a new model for collaboration by connecting fishermen with each other and fishery scientists that will be based on mutual trust, respect and transparency. CFSB builds human capital to drive an effort towards developing a co-management approach which shares responsibility with government.
CFSB is currently working to refine goals of economic and scientific projects, establish resource monitoring protocols, implement effective stock assessment data collection, support socio-economic studies of the fisheries, and to continue to add value to the products and industry of the commercial fishermen of Santa Barbara while ensuring the sustainability of our resources.
CFSB aims to maintain California’s fishing heritage, to improve fisheries management if needed by pursuing innovative, practical, cooperative and regional management of fisheries, and to contribute to the improvement of ocean health.”